In memoriam to the many Coventry athletes who lost their lives in World War II, plans were made to build Coventry Veteran's Memorial Stadium at the end of the war. The stadium was to be built behind the 1920 high school located at 1135 Portage Lakes Drive, Akron, Ohio. On September 19, 1947 a 1600 seat, $25,000 stadium was completed and opened.
Today the stadium is still in use but has had many renovations over the years. The original stadium lights were replaced. A field house, concession stands, and an expanded press box was put in place. Extra seating was added. A 60-foot flag pole went up. In September 2016 a new 3-story high school was built at a cost of $30 million and opened in front of the stadium after the old 1920 building was torn down. Most recently, in the fall of 2017, a new $17,600 scoreboard was added.